It is crucial for models to clarify and know what they’re signing up for as there are many times where models blatantly read the terms and conditions before signing them, then later realize that they’re unsatisfied with how they’re being managed by their agencies.
First of all, always bear in mind that when you’re in the midst of interview or signing a contract you’re obliged to ask questions. Note that it is not just an interview for you but also to interview them and know the process and terms. Also, it is not wrong to ask your agent to repeat his/her sentence as you want to understand it crystal clear. To ensure that will never happen to you and your friends here is a guide on the list of things and questions you need to clarify before signing.
- Duration of the modeling contract
- Know how long does the contract last.
- Know your contract and termination clauses
- Is it auto renewable or manual?
- Under what circumstances will you only be allowed to terminate your contract?
- If wish to terminate contract, how’s the process?
- How many days before hand must you notify them your wish to terminate contract?
- Commission rates and payments
- How many percent will the agency minus out from the model’s earnings?
- How’s the expenses and tax like?
- How long will the agency take to hand out your pay?